I heard a story on NPR this week about a website where you can hone your vocabulary and help feed the hungry. It's called FreeRice.com.
It was created by an average guy who wanted to make a little game to help his son boost his SAT score. He was also an advocate for poverty issues, so he recruited advertisers for his site. The way it works is that for every right answer you get in the vocabulary game, they will donate 20 grains of rice through the United Nations. It's paid for by the advertisers.
As you play the game, the level of difficulty goes up to challenge you. It even tells you want level (1 to 50) that you're on. I quickly jumped up to level 40 and was getting words I had never heard of! They give you 5 possible answers and you pick the one that matches, so it's more of a multiple choice thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment