Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Shower season

My round of baby showers has begun!

The first was last weekend at my aunt Ann's house in Stillwater. Along with my other aunt, Ann, and my friend, Dani, she threw a very classy brunch shower!

I got so many really fabulous gifts and it was such fun. The guests were a diverse collection of friends and family from all aspects of my life. I love those kinds of parties where the attendees don't know everyone else already.

My next shower is Saturday -- one for my colleagues at work. Then the following weekend my neighbors are throwing a small shower (probably just 5 people or so). And finally my sorority sisters join in the fun next month.

Last night Jamey and I attended a breastfeeding class. One of the other couples had been in our multiples class last month. They are 33 weeks along and the doctors think she's going to give birth in the next two or three weeks! She was huge and obviously uncomfortable!

I'm at 26 weeks, so it was a bit heartstopping to hear her say it was coming so soon for her. But in reality, I'm looking at only about 10-12 more weeks, MAXIMUM. That's not a whole lot of time considering how fast the days and weeks go by.

No comments: