We've made it past the big 6-week mark and things are starting to change....
Babies are sleeping longer at night. they've been doing a 5-hour stretch from about midnight til about 5 am the last few nights. We're praying this is a trend that continues!! As a result, Mom is getting a lot more uninterrupted sleep.
Both babies are hovering around 10 pounds -- Ben just a little over and Maddie just a little under. We've ditched the "newborn" diapers and clothes and moved up to the sizes that most single newborns start with! Yeah!
I've been cleared to start exercising again. Doctor says my incision has healed really well and I'm ready to try to rid myself of the remaining 20 pounds (I've already lost 40 pounds!) I'm hoping to build a little exercise time into my days as some "me" time. Luckily we have exercise equipment in the basement so I don't have to go anywhere. I haven't exercised regularly since early November. It'll be interesting to see how much strength and endurance I've lost.
Jamey has gone back to "work" -- the remodeling on the duplex that we bought last fall. The goal is to get the top unit finished and rented by March 1 and the bottom unit rented by April 1. He's still only working part-time though (about 5 or 6 hours a day) because of the high demands here.
It would be really tough for me to be alone with the babies for a full day. Plus Jamey sleeps in later in the morning cause he stays up for the later feeding at night so I can go to bed. We might be able to adjust this now that the babies are sleeping longer, though.
Last week we had "date night" thanks to some good friends of ours who came over to babysit. We just went to a nearby restaurant and were home after a little more than an hour. It was nice just to sit at a table and eat a meal prepared by someone else and not have to do any dishes!
No comments:
Post a Comment