There are so many little things I should be writing down and just never get around to it. Ben & Maddie are so hilarious and cute all the time these days; there's an endless supply of cute tales.
The latest is from this morning. I got Ben out of bed and took him downstairs to the playroom. I had brought clothes for him and Maddie for the day, so I set him and the clothes on the floor and left to go get Maddie. He didn't seem to happy about me leaving him there, but that's the way it works when you've got two.
So I get Maddie and when we walk in the room, Ben is laying on the floor in a fetal position with his head on the pile of Maddie's clothes. He had this forlorn look on his face. It was just so darn cute! It was interesting that he laid on Maddie's clothes and not his own (which were right there, too). Maybe it just happened to be where it laid down, or maybe it was on purpose. Who knows.
This weekend I started teaching them how to clap. Maddie figured it out right away. This morning I asked her to clap and she stared at me for the longest time and then when I gave up trying, she suddenly started clapping.
They have also started swaying back and forth (especially Maddie) when music comes on the radio. Yesterday I played Christmas music for awhile and sang a few songs, which they loved. This morning I had MPR on the radio while we were having breakfast and a story came on about people who play polka music on a concertina. They had quite a bit of polka music on and when it started playing, Maddie started swaying back and forth!
Last night we fed them salmon. It was the first time they've had fish of any kind. I should point out that I don't like fish, at all. But this salmon was absolutely fantastic and Ben & Maddie just inhaled it. Maddie ignored everything else on her plate and just kept shoveling it in her mouth (she's our really good eater...she'll eat anything you put in front of her, as well as any crumbs she finds on the floor!) Jamey cooked it on our smoker grill and put a soy sauce and white wine marinade, with some kind of salmon rub. It was so delicious. Didn't taste fishy at all.
We took some pictures yesterday but I haven't gotten them off the camera yet. Jamey installed a new operating system on my computer last night, so I didn't get a chance to use it. Hopefully get to that tonight and will post some new pics.
The big birthday is less than two weeks away! I just can't believe they are a whole year old. I keep thinking back to this time last year when I was so darn uncomfortable, sitting in my recliner, rubbing my belly and bored out of my mind. It was so worth it. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment