Jamey was supposed to go to Las Vegas Tuesday morning with a buddy of his. It would've basically been a free vacation because his buddy had a hotel room for a conference he was attending and we had frequent flier miles for the flight.
But Monday night when I got home from work I started not feeling so well, and was full-blown sick a couple hours later. I figured I picked up the stomach flu bug that was going around my office. I was up all night, throwing up and miserable, and Jamey graciously gave up his trip and stayed home. I was petrified that not only would I be sick, but that the kids would get sick and it would be an all-out miserable week for me without him. I also didn't want to impose on the people we had lined up for babysitting, risking them getting sick too.
The good news was that I was the only one who got sick and I was better after about 24 hours. I went back to work Thurs and Friday. Jamey, of course, is devastated that he didn't get to go on his "mancation" for a much-needed break.
Today we had our weekly swimming lessons -- just a couple more sessions to go. And I'm hoping to take Ben & Maddie outside this afternoon after nap, if they don't sleep too late. Some days they sleep so late into the afternoon that it's starting to get dark by the time they get up!
I'll try to get some pictures up sometime this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment