Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Vacation week

I've got the week off from work, so me and the kids have been busy doing fun stuff (although I haven't done much picture-taking!). Jamey is working this week, partly on the rental property and partly doing a part-time/temporary gig videotaping for some training videos on how to service furnaces (or something like that). So I've been on mostly solo kid-duty. Ugh.

Yesterday the big highlight of the week was that I took the kids to the MN Zoo with our friend Sonya and her daughter, Clara. The kids had a blast. They ran almost the whole way! In the evening, Jamey and Kevin met us at our house and we had dinner. Ben & Maddie fell asleep so fast!

Sunday, I had a playdate with my friend (and former colleague) whose son was born 2 days before Ben & Maddie. We intended to go to the Highland Pool but when we got there we found that it didn't open for another 2 hours! So we hung out in her backyard -- kiddie pool, sandbox and toys kept the kids busy for a couple hours while we chatted.

Tomorrow I'm taking the kids to the cabin and Jamey will join us on Friday afternoon.

Today, Jamey's grandparents stopped for a visit in the morning and the kids played outside (gorgeous day!). Jamey got a few pics while we were waiting for Liz & Jack:



From 2011-08-17

From 2011-08-17

From 2011-08-17

No comments: