Tuesday, December 31, 2013

5th birthday

I feel like I blinked and my two little babies turned into full-blown kids! Aaahhh! And they are such wonderful children. I simply couldn't ask for more.

The 5th birthday festivities began today with presents, bowling with our friends and a small cake. The big cakes -- Spider-Man and princesses -- will be saved for Saturday, when Ben & Maddie will have a party with their friends. I'm sure there will be plenty of additional, random celebrating between now and then. 

Gifts were plentiful, as usual....Daddy got them small dome tents (which they are sleeping in tonight in their bedrooms) and compasses, Mommy got Ben a toy helicopter (with blades that actually spin!) and Maddie a Hello Kitty passenger airplane. They also got new books and games, plus Lego sets from Uncle David. It didn't come as much surprise to me when Ben insisted on putting together his new Lego set immediately this afternoon!







No comments: