I'm afraid I have to admit I've gone to the other side! I decided to try Facebook to see what all the hype was about. My husband put up a profile a few months back and I started to wonder how many of my friends were out there.
So I put up a profile a little over a week ago and I already found 10 friends, including an old college friend I hadn't seen or heard from in almost 15 years! Kind of fun. :-)
In addition to putting up your profile, you can do all kinds of fun things on Facebook. Today I added a "widget" to my profile that displays a map of the world and I have highlighted all the places I've been, places I've lived and places I want to go (well..I just put the places highest on my list of places to see, otherwise I would've highlighted pretty much the entire world!). It's really cool.
They also have games you can add and discussion groups you can join (they have one in Mpls-St. Paul called "I'm moving to Canada if Hillary gets elected"...ha! ha!)
As for other things...you might notice I added a new widget to this blog page. There's now a slideshow in the lower left corner. Right now it's displaying pictures from my wedding. I'll probably change it up every so often.
UPDATE: Jamey got the leaves done at the cabin yesterday. The snow melted and he just happened to be up there with a couple of his buddies. He worked his tail off all afternoon to get them done!
Last weekend we went to Ikea (and spent 3 hours there!). We found a vanity and matching mirror for our half bathroom, which I've been desperately wanting to finish for quite awhile now. So Jamey just needs to put it all together and install it.
Thursday we're going to Jamey's grandparents' house in Bayfield, Wis. for Thanksgiving. It'll be a fairly small group -- eight of us, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment