I made a big switch at work today to an adjustable desk that I can raise up to standing height for at least part of the day. I'm waiting for an anti-fatigue mat that I ordered before I can really put it to use. Standing on this hard floor without some kind of mat is really hard on the feet and calves (which I discovered after less than 2 hours of standing today). I'm hoping the standing will alleviate a bunch of problems, including: 1) help me keep the weight off (supposedly you burn one-third more calories by standing!) 2) Prevent me from slouching, which causes neck and back problems and 3) the lack of slouching might help my wrist pain.
Speaking of that....I saw a hand surgeon yesterday who says I've got tendinitis, not carpal tunnel. That's sort of good news. The bad news is that there isn't really anything they can do, except a steroid shot to alleviate the pain and swelling. Bottom line is that I need to find ways to minimize putting undo stress on my wrists. UGH.
No comments:
Post a Comment