We had a regular doctor appointment today and the babies seem to still be doing just fine, and so am I, despite a few more "discomforts" lately. Sleeping on my side is proving to be a real challenge and every night is an exercise in trial-and-error. Some nights I sleep well, some nights I don't. UGH.
Tonight we have the first session in a three-part birth and parenting class specifically for parents of multiples. I'm really excited for this! We met a couple who has 14-month old boy-girl twins who also took this class and they raved about it. I'm excited about meeting some other couples who are currently pregnant with twins, too.
Other news: I don't think I've written on here about the fact that Jamey quit his job. The job was just plain bad for him and it was becoming a huge stressor on both of us. He's been off work now for almost a month. His plan: starting his own business. Technically it's going to be more than 1 business. The first is his computer services company (which he had before but it had languished). The second is a handyman services (since he has every tool known to mankind!). And the third will be landlord.
We're looking at a duplex rental property in St. Paul that we're going to get for a steal because it's under foreclosure. The house needs some work, but nothing too radical that Jamey can't do himself. Plus it has a detached garage that he's thinking about using as his workshop for carpentry and other handyman projects.
It's kind of a gamble because you never know what kind of tenants you're going to get. But the numbers seem to indicate we can make money off it rather easily. Plus since Jamey doesn't have a full-time job, he'll actually have time to deal with issues that come up.
I think that's it for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment