Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Historic Day

I just cast my ballot and amazingly didn't have to wait -- at all. I was worried about a long line and having to stand (not easy with an extra 40 pounds weighing you down!). Guess I hit the polling place at just the right time.

I'm really excited about this election. Such a historic day! We're either going to have the first black president or the first female vice president. Either way, it's a great step forward for the US. I'm glad my children will be born into this "new" world where somebody other than white men are in charge of the country. Even everything that has happened up until now -- a woman presidential candidate who had a real shot at the White House and a black man generating unprecedented levels of enthusiasm and the renewed interest among young people -- is just so wonderful.

1 comment:

MLB said...

The twins got to be there with you! How cool is that! Their first election will be memorable! Did they give you three "I voted" stickers?