The nursery mural got finished on Friday and today my cousin and his wife brought over a crib they are lending us -- so now we've got two.
While they were over, their daughters played on the rocking horses that my Dad made.
I also wanted to post a picture of these blankets that I made. One side of each blanket is made of crib sheets that my mother had for my brother and I but never used. When a good friend of mine got pregnant 12+ years ago, she gave the unopened packages to her. My friend never used them either and gave them back to me when I got married. They wouldn't do well as crib sheets because they don't have enough elastic, but I thought they would be fabulous blankets. So I put flannel on the back side, some batting to make them warm and blanket binding around the edges.

1 comment:
I'm so glad you made the blankets out of the sheets. I think that was a great idea! Now you have the blanket tops from your mom and the horses from your dad! What a great gift!
Post a Comment