| From July 2009_2 |
She did really well and hardly ever fell over (no face plants!).
She also got her second tooth in this morning. We think that probably accounted for her difficulty sleeping (for nap time this morning, especially) the last few days and her generally crabby behavior. However, we are amazed at how well they are taking this teething thing. Really haven't had any major trauma. Just a little crabbiness.
So now both of them have 2 teeth on the bottom. Ben's are getting big and sharp, so it's not too wise these days to put your finger in his mouth! Jamey learned that one the hard way.
We didn't end up going to the cabin this weekend. Maddie's crabbiness and lack of sleep, plus Jamey being tired, plus cold weather for Saturday all added up to it not being worth the journey.
Today I went up to Lino Lakes to the home of another set of boy/girl twins. She and her friend (who also has boy/girl twins who were ALSO born on New Year's Eve, except several years ago!) are having a big garage sale next weekend. She let me come over today to shop. I got two mint condition life jackets, plus mint condition swimming suits for next summer, a jumperoo to have at the cabin (really good deal on that!), a bunch of toys for the coming years - including a Little People farm set -- and some clothes. They had lots of Children's Place, Carter's and Gap clothing so I looked for nice, everyday-type pieces that I know they will wear. I also found some good condition sippy cups and a bunch of cabinet latches and outlet covers & plugs (which we will need to install very soon!).
We are committed to going to the cabin next weekend and I'm bound and determined to go! We haven't been there since 4th of July weekend, so I'm sure the grass is knee-high in the yard and the flowers I put out at the cemetery are probably all dead from lack of water. Oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment