Thursday, September 3, 2009

Busy week

Work has been crazy this week, as I'm deep in a big project. That's going to continue for at least the next couple of weeks, maybe more. It's fun, but a lot of work. It makes the day go by fast!

I got a kick out of a story from my cousin who said her daughters, ages 2 and 4, play baby dolls all the time and their latest thing is that they've decided two of them are twins named Ben and Maddie. Isn't that just so cute?!

Maddie is looking like she could start crawling at almost any time. She's rocking back and forth and kicking her legs a lot, then pulling her knee up a bit.

Ben is just plain moving. Jamey left him on the floor while he went to the bathroom the other day and Ben managed to roll about 5 feet to where Jamey had left a bucket of tools that he had been using. Ben tipped over the bucket and pulled out something called a "crimper" (I think it's used for electrical wires or something) and he had it in his hands when Jamey came back out. Luckily nothing happened! But it sure freaked Jamey out.

This weekend we're off to the cabin for the first time in a month. I think this is going to be only our fifth trip to the cabin all summer -- including a long stint in May. I'm sure the grass is way high and the yard a disaster. It was hardly worth putting the pontoon and dock in this summer. We thought we'd get there more, but with the rental property still needing work, Jamey and I have been exhausted pulling double duty all the time.

We don't have any big plans for the weekend. I'm sure we'll lay low and just enjoy the babies.

No comments: