Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mama

I'm positive that Maddie said "Mama" for the first time tonight. Such a glorious word to this overworked Mama! Unfortunately I was the only adult in the room, and my opinion is a bit biased. But I'm sure she'll prove me right in a day or two.

She has been babbling like crazy the past week. Most of it sounds like "bah, bah". So I've been saying "Mama" or "Dada" and you can tell she is absorbing what I say and then starts to work her mouth to try to mimic. So I think tonight she was trying to mimic me because I had just said "Mama" over and over a few times.

Ben mostly just likes to scream in joy. No babbling yet. He's definitely all boy. Tonight he discovered the fun of splashing in the bathtub by banging him hands down on the water.

The other fun thing -- that I want to get on video and post to YouTube -- is that Ben and Maddie have been "talking" to each other. If you put the two of them facing each other, they will take turns screaming at each other. It's an excited kind of scream and it is so hilarious. Maybe this weekend we can get a video. Will post if I do.

No comments: