Saturday, October 24, 2009

Visit from Uncle David

My brother, David, spent the day with us today. Ben, in particular, was absolutely in love with his uncle! He spent more time in David's arms today than in mine! It seemed like David really, really enjoyed them too.

And David lavished us with a pile of homemade food to stock our freezer (and bellies!). He made lasagna, shredded pork for sandwiches, meatballs, cheesy potatoes, chicken and wild rice soup, two loaves of homemade bread, three kinds of cookies, pumpkin pie and homemade salsa. Needless to say I don't need to cook for a good long time. Yeah! And, as usual, everything is absolutely perfect.

While the babies had their afternoon nap, David helped me make applesauce from apples I got at an orchard recently. I decided to freeze it this year, rather than canning. It made the process go a lot faster. The babies are going to love it!

I'll be posting in the morning with links to my big story on Denny Hecker which hits the paper tomorrow. Part I is in Sunday's paper and Part II is on Monday.

From Oct2009



From Oct2009


From Oct2009


From Oct2009


From Oct2009

No comments: