Saturday, October 24, 2009

Weekend on our own

Me and the kids are on our own this weekend -- Jamey is at the lake with some buddies hoping to get the leaves up from the ground. Today, though, my brother is going to come hang out with us and help me make applesauce during afternoon nap. We haven't seen him since June, so I'm really excited about his visit! Last night he told me he had spent most of the day cooking for us. Very excited about that, too!

Yesterday we saw the doctor to followup on Ben's CT scan. All good news. It's just a piece of bone that grew a little weird, but it shouldn't be anything to worry about. The doctor thinks the rest of the mandible will kind of grow around it and after a few years we won't even notice it. Although he said to have the pediatrician keep an eye on it, just in case.

I've had a long week at work, racking up about 14 hours of overtime in six days. The reason: my big project is running tomorrow and Monday. So grab the Pioneer Press on Sunday and Monday if you live in the Cities. If not, I'll post a web link when it hits our website tomorrow. I think it's among the best stories I've ever worked on.

No comments: