This morning Ben & Maddie had their 18-month well visit with their pediatrician. Mostly good news. She wants Maddie to see an pediatric orthopedic specialist because she's concerned about Maddie's legs. Maddie sits in a W shape -- with her legs out to the side -- and our efforts to correct that have been so-so. Today the doctor noticed that Maddie's feet are pointing out. We are also starting to think this might be why Maddie tends to fall down a lot more than Ben. Yesterday she did a major face plant in the concrete in the garage -- just trying to run across the room (and there wasn't anything that she could've tripped over). So we'll be doing that sometime soon.
Ben's height, which the doctor had been concerned about on the last visit, has improved significantly. Both are in the 50th percentile for height.
But they are little munchkins when it comes to weight. Ben is in the 1st percentile. Maddie is a little above the 10th percentile. But I'm not worried. I'd rather have them be on the low end of the scale than the high end!
The visit was a bit challenging. Neither kid wanted to sit still, so they tore the place apart. It didn't help that the air conditioning hadn't really cooled the place down yet (at 8:30 am), so Jamey and I were sweating by the time we got out of there. Then I had to go to work!
1 comment:
I had heard that kids who have the "W" sit are more creative....Jackson sat that way until about age 7. However, I would be concerned about the feet, too!
Love the pictures!
Post a Comment