Monday, July 5, 2010

Fourth of July

Our long weekend at the cabin has been fabulous. It all ends in the morning, though, when we have to drive back. I've got the day off tomorrow, but we've got to get back for some appointments and other things going on in the afternoon. So we need to try to hit the road so that the kids are home before lunch and naptime.

We've been out on the lake every afternoon. Yesterday we went to my cousin's -- the Junkers-- who have a place north of here. We all played in the water, including their two girls. Ben & Maddie mostly wanted to play with the sand and walk back and forth on the dock. Then we had dinner with them and drove home at bedtime. Ben & Maddie were so well behaved -- as usual.

We had some rain on Sunday morning and it's going to rain tonight, but otherwise the weather has been great.

I haven't gotten as much sleep as I would've liked thanks to our neighbors (just a few houses down) doing fireworks the last three nights until 11 pm! That's way too late for me since the kids wake up around 5:30 a.m. Today I ended up taking a 2-hour nap and probably would've slept longer if Jamey hadn't come in to wake me up.

We didn't take too many pics. I got a few on the boat today with my iphone, but I forgot the cable to connect it to my computer. So I'll add those tomorrow night. In the meantime, here's one I got of Ben tonight. This seems to be his favorite place to sit up here!

From 2010_07_05

No comments: