Sunday, September 23, 2007

The boxes are gone!

Many of you spent the summer listening to me complain about the pile of boxes that has occupied half of the living room since May. I'm very happy -- excessively thrilled -- to report that they are gone! I kind of feel like the munchkins from Wizard of Oz, proclaiming, "the witch is dead!"



As you can see the living is back to being big and somewhat empty, which I'd gladly take over a pile of boxes. The reason the boxes are gone is that my lovely husband, last week, installed a pair of "gorilla" shelves in our basement. One is to house the boxes of Christmas ornaments and other perennial storage items that had been in the living room, and the other is for his assorted tools. Here's a pic...



The rest of the house is slowly moving along. We also purchased last week an upright freezer for in the basement. So I promptly started filling it yesterday with two different kinds of soups, all divied up and ready to take to work for lunches.

We are also soon going to have a contractor back in to try to finish the trim and some other odd-ball things like electrical outlets and lighting fixtures. Another goal is to complete the first-floor bedroom and turn it into a "man" room for Jamey. Since he's more of a slob than me, I figured the best thing would be to give him a room -- with a door -- where he can have a computer, desk and TV and he can do whatever he wants. Then I just have to close the door and not look inside!

No comments: