Monday, September 24, 2007

My 15 minutes of fame, sort of

My appearance on WCCO Radio last night went well, at least in my opinion. I haven't heard the opinion of anyone who actually listened to the show, however. Even my husband missed it. And my boss was too busy with company at his house. I'm starting to wonder if anyone listened cause the host, Jearlyn Steele, opened the discussion up to callers about halfway through my 15-minute segment and nobody called! I was sort of grateful since I was worried about what kind of hare-brained questions I might get from the average caller. Jearlyn's questions, though, were thoughtful and interesting and I thought I did a good job of explaining why posting something as sensitive and seemingly personal as jail bookings on the Internet was a good thing. My main answer: it allows everybody to keep tabs on what the police and sheriff agencies are doing -- particularly who they are arresting. That gives everybody some watchdog power so that the police are not operating in the dark and arresting just anybody.

No comments: