Sunday, January 30, 2011

25 months!

It's the end of the month ...that means Ben & Maddie are another month older. It's just amazing.

Today I noticed Maddie starting to use two-word phrases. She said "my shoes" and then as we were driving up to our house coming back from the YMCA she said "our house." Amazing.

Both are getting a lot better at using words when they are asking for something rather than the whiny "ugh, ugh, ugh" that we are so sick of.

Lately they've been a lot more vocal about their desires and wanting to do things on their own -- or just defying whatever we want them to do. Getting them dressed and/or diaper changed is usually a big ordeal these days.

Naps are also getting problematic, especially for Ben. There have been 3 or 4 days recently when he either didn't nap at all or slept for a very short period of time. All of them seem to be days where he poops right after we put him down -- and even if we change him and put him back, he doesn't seem to want to go back to sleep.

That's what happened today, but I left him in the pack-n-play after changing him, hoping he'd fall asleep. AFter awhile I didn't hear him, so I assumed he went to sleep. Maybe he did, but maybe not. About 45 minutes later I heard him and I went up to check on him. He was trying to push his shirt down his legs -- he had gotten it off his shoulders. Then I noticed that his diaper was off to the side and of course, it was a poopy one. Not sure how he got the diaper off, since he had a onesie shirt with snaps in the crotch and the snaps were still shut. Needless to say, he went straight into the bathtub and everything else went into the wash machine. Oh such fun.

Here are a couple pics from today...

From 2011-01-21

From 2011-01-21

And here's one that's been on the camera for a few days. Maddie, wearing her Dad's socks. Doesn't she look like a future fashion model?

From 2011-01-21

No comments: