A big investigative project that I've been working on for the past three months -- that has nothing to do with Denny Hecker! --- is now finally done! The story is about a pair of brothers who neglect their rental properties.
Part 1 is going in Sunday's paper, but is already online here:
http://www.twincities.com/ci_17101427
There is also a sidebar to part one that is here:
http://www.twincities.com/ci_17101426
Parts 2 and 3 will be in the Monday and Tuesday papers (and I will post links then)
I really enjoyed working on this largely because this is the kind of work that I like most, and also because I teamed up with a young reporter (who had never done a project) and a large part of it was teaching her how to "fish" so to speak. My editor had previously given me the green light to make this the lion's share of my job, especially once I'm done covering Hecker (which will hopefully be soon!). So I'm hoping this will be a good example for other young reporters in the newsroom and compel them to come to me with a good idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment