I meant to come back and post links to parts 2 and 3 of my recent project on a couple of local landlords, but I guess I forgot.
The reaction we had to the stories was phenomenal. Lots of phone messages, emails, online comments, even a couple letters to the editor that got published. Almost all of them were praising us for giving "voice to the voiceless." It was a wonderful feeling.
But just as we were reveling in that joy, the executive editor at the paper announced he was resigning to take a job elsewhere. It was a huge blow to our newsroom. We really loved him --- he's largely the reason I've been able to be so autonomous and do the kind of work I really want to do. So who knows what will happen when somebody new comes along.
In the meantime, I'm going to keep doing what I love. For the near future, it's going to be pretty much all Denny Hecker. He's getting sentenced in less than two weeks and all his cronies are also up for their sentencings. It'll be busy!
Here are links to parts 2 and 3 of the landlords project:
Part 2
Part 3
No comments:
Post a Comment