Monday, May 4, 2009

Rough weekend

Babies both got colds on Friday and that, combined with some teething pain, made for some rough nights this weekend. To make matters worse, Jamey was at the cabin putting in the dock and boat, so I was on my own. On Saturday night, Ben and Maddie were so restless that they were waking each other up, rolling all over the crib. So I put them in their swings in the living room and I slept on the couch -- or I should say that I 'tried' to sleep on the couch. They slept like rocks from 10 pm, when I put them there, until the usual feeding time at 4 am.

Last night, they slept in their crib but Ben woke up around 11:30 and wanted to eat. So we woke up Maddie and fed both of them. They went back to sleep easily and didn't wake up until 6 a.m.!

Besides that....Ben is rolling like crazy, from his back to his stomach. He gets that far and can pull his arms out from under him, but then he doesn't know what to do. Maddie can roll as far as her side and she's come close a couple times to going over to her belly, but not quite yet. I'm giving them lots of floor time -- and trying to do tummy time (which they don't like) -- to encourage them to move around like this.

This afternoon we're off to the pediatrician for their 4-month appointment. They will be getting shots, so there will be lots of "fun" this afternoon! Wish me luck!

No comments: