Monday, November 9, 2009

Standing!

Three or four days ago, Maddie figured out how to pull herself up on her knees. All weekend she decided Mom was the best place to crawl up on. In just that short time, she's now figured out how to get up on her feet. And tonight we had our first "crib incident." She was in one of the cribs waiting for her turn in the bath, while I was bathing Ben. Just as I was getting him out I heard her start to howl. I went in the nursery to find her hanging by her hands on the front railing, her legs sticking through the slats. It looked like she had climbed up on the bumper and her legs slipped through the cracks and she didn't know how to let go! Needless to say I got rid of the bumpers. Since I put her to bed 30 minutes ago, I've had to go up there twice and get her down from standing. She got up and couldn't figure out how to get down, so she cried bloody murder for Mom. Lovely. Sure hope she doesn't pull that in the middle of the night.

Here's Maddie and Ben standing up in front of the gate to their playroom tonight...

From Nov09


Yesterday, we had my cousin Doug and his wife, Sara, and kids, Maverick and Olympia, over to hang out and have dinner. The kids had a great time playing together...

From Nov09


From Nov09

No comments: